My not so little girl

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So I don't have any real updates on Michael but I wanted to share a little about Michaella.
I have always said I got real lucky with Michaella. We have managed to come nearly 4 years with a very well behaved little girl. WELL she is bound and determined to prove us otherwise now!
I don't know if this is a phase or real colors coming through but Michaella can be a real brat lately. She is now one of those kids that runs around the store screaming hiding underneath the clothes and I'm that Mom that keeps barking "Michaella stop it! Michaella Come here right now. Kaella , Kaella, Michaella!" Or this little girl that loved dance lessons and acted like the star of the show at the last recital now has decided she doesn't like it. So she digs her heals in when she is supposed to go into class and when I finally shove her in there she sit in the middle of the room and pouts or cries. So THEN I'm that Mommy that starts bribing and when that doesn't work I start threatening "Michaella we can go and buy you a new toy if you go in and be a big girl. Kae we can go and get some ice cream. Kaella Grandma and Papa are coming next week and I'll have to call them and tell them not to come. Michaella I'm going to have to take your Barbies away!"
At home she's mouthy and bossy. She even has that bratty tone in her voice. Saturday she ended up being sent to a nap with both her Barbies and her Teddy Bear taken away. After about an hour she comes out of her room with full dramatics stretching her arms and yawning "Good Morning Mommy! That was a long nap!" I was thinking oh how cute. So I started to make her lunch and while I was getting something out of the pantry she says something about playing with her Princesses and all of a sudden she stops. I look at her and ask her if she even took a nap. She looked at her feet and said No. Then I asked her if she lied to me and she confessed "yes". I was blown away at the specifics and how much she thought out that lie. She threw in full dramatics too! She is almost 4 and she has become an expert liar! It wasn't just a did you write on the walls , NO kind of lie. It was "hmmm if I want out of here I have to had taken a nap so I have to act like I took a nap" kind of lie.
Anyway. She's still on restriction from her Barbies but she did get her Teddy back. I truly hope this is just a phase.

4 comments:

The Johnson Crew said...

That is so funny! And yes that is totally an age thing but I can't really tell you when it is going to end. Kelsie is now 6 going on 7 and still in that faze. Good Luck! Who knows, maybe it isn't an age thing. HA! HA!

THE CRANE GANG said...

She is still too cute. I think all little girls are brats, but you can't help but love them. She is a very smart girl if she can come up with all of that.

jenica heslop said...

HEY TIFF, IT'S BEEN SO LONG, I COULDN'T GET ONTO YOUR BLOG, BUT NOW I CAN! YEAH. MY LITTLE GIRL GOES THROUGH PHASES TOO, JUST A GIRL THING I THINK. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MIKE! I HAD 6 KIDNEY STONES LAST YEAR, BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME, YIKES!!! THEY ARE PAINFUL. MY BODY CAN'T HANDLE OXALATE ACID IN LARGE SUMS, SO I'M ON AN OXALATE LOW DIET, SUCKS. IT'S TOUGH TO FOLLOW, BUT I ALWAYS GET THE STONES BACK WHEN I DONT. GOOD LUCK TO YALL! BY THE WAY, WHO CARES WHAT THE SCALE SAYS, YOU LOOK FABULOUS, YOUR STORY IS MY STORY TO A TEE! I WORK SOOO HARD AND JUST CAN'T SEEM TO BUDGE IT, OH WELL, STORY OF MY LIFE HUH. YOU LOOK GREAT, HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP!!!

Stephanie said...

Any update on Mike? I think about him daily and hope he is starting to feel better and that all the tests come back ok. I miss seeing you guys-Micheala is growing so fast, she is absolutly beautiful!
Love ya
Steph