The yuckies

Monday, March 10, 2008

Well we all got sick this weekend. I left work early on Friday and then went home ans slept the rest of the day. That night I had a fever of 101. Saturday we got up and got ready for Ballet and I felt okay. On the drive to dance lessons Michaella fell asleep which is odd considering she'd only been up about 2 1/2 hours. When we got to dance lessons she got really clingy when I finally was able to pry her off of me She just sat in the middle of the room and cried. SO I picked her up and went home. We got home and took a nap. That is all it took for Michaella but then I started running a fever again. So with the sore throat, the aches, the chills and the fever I thought for sure I had strep. So I decided to go to the Doctor.
Now I've had strep many times in my life and I have yet to be wrong once when I thought it was strep. There's always a first though! I didn't have strep. I actually would have rather had it then I could get the antibiotics and feel better pretty quickly. So I was disappointed. Along with that I also got weighed at the Doctors office...my damn scale at home is off by 4 lbs and not in the right way!! I was so mad. But I am trying to remind myself of how good I feel and that I AM buying smaller clothes. So I just need to keep going.
Well Saturday night Mike woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. So he was sick all day yesterday also and I had sympathy for him because I knew how it felt. Then this morning the full effects of time change hit and ALL of us are really struggling to get back in the groove. Michaella had such a hard time waking up this morning she even asked if she could go back to sleep in the car. We are only a mile from the Babysitters house. Oh well at least it stays lighter later and I feel like I can get so much more done at night.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been sick. We had three weeks in Feb that kept us down. Hopefully once you feel better that's the end of it for the family. Oh, and thanks for the words of consolation on the weight battle...sometimes I think everyone is fighting it. It's nice to know there's others to chat with about. :)