The Basement

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Okay Michael has decided it is time to finish the basement. We have been talking about it for quite awhile and he wants that to be his big project this year. We have discussed bringing in a GC and then also kind of discussed doing as much of it as we could.

Well last night Mike comes in the back door, informs me he has bought a miter saw and HE is going to finish the basement. I was very hesitant. That is a lot to think about. I love my husband and he can do anything he puts his mind to, but all the permits that need to be pulled and comprehending what is needed for inspections really scares me. Mike the next morning also came to that same conclusion that inspectors and fines really scared him. So we now have 4 people coming in for quotes the next few days and we will keep the miter saw and the wood to do other projects. If anyone has any tips or thoughts let me know so that we don't have the wool pulled over our eyes.

I will freely admit I don't have a clue on this stuff and I'm not going to even pretend that I do.

2 comments:

The Johnson Crew said...

Sounds like Mike. HAHA! Tell him to give Aaron a call sometime. He has done many projects and maybe he could give ya a few pointer. Just a thought and good luck with the big project of the year.

THE CRANE GANG said...

Oh my gosh. I had no idea you had a blog. Yay! This is so much fun. I feel like I can keep up with people now. Michaella is getting so big.