The Daily Plate

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have to tell everyone about an awesome website. It's thedailyplate.com. My mom told me about it and so far it is the most awesome motivator. Everyday you can update exactly what you ate and it will help you calculate how many calories you are eating and how many you burned. It's super because you can just type in exactly what you ate and it will calculate. Like I could say I have a can of Campbell's Select Harvest Minestrone and I had 2 servings (Because it is 2 servings a can you have to watch that) and it will calculate your complete nutritional info (ie calories, fat, cholesterol sodium carbs sugars fiber protein) and the percentage of daily value based on your weight and what your goals are. You then also calculate the calories burned by looking up your type of exercise and quantity of time (ie Kickboxing for 60 minutes). They go into great specifics like how many calories you'd burn in an hour folding clothes or putting on makeup. Its crazy.
Now I've tried uploading a snapshot picture of what it looks like but I'm having technical troubles to the likes of which I've never had trouble before. Therefore I am giving up on the picture...sorry if you are curious enough you will go check it out yourself. It's worth it!


1 comments:

jenica heslop said...

Sweet site, very cool. i will be getting into this for sure. Thanks for the info!