Thursday, May 1, 2008

Okay one kidney stone is out we still have 2 more to go. Everything went well yesterday. They broke up the one big stone that was stuck on the right side. On the other side where the majority of the pain is, they placed a stent. This will allow the other 2 kidney stones to pass easier. He is in a lot of pain. Urine is salt water and the big one cut him up a bit. So salt water and wounds...ouch. Also the act of urinating is also very painful especially with the stent in . He feels the need to pee frequently and often there is nothing there. With the stent the bladder thinks that it is not empty so at the end of every pee he gets a sharp pain because there is nothing there to really get rid of.
He is on a lot of pain meds...yeah for me and hopefully soon this will all be over. He goes back in on the 6th to get the stent removed. He is not looking forward to that.

4 comments:

Lindseylou said...

Hope your hubby doesn't mind you reporting on his "little" saga. Hope he gets feeling better...I've heard it's worse than child birth

Stephanie said...

I'm glad the stones are finally starting to pass. I hope he was able to enjoy your vacation a little bit. I hope he get all better soon.

Amy said...

Man Mike! That just plain sucks!

Lindseylou said...

I'll definitely look you up next time I'm in Nampa and I expect a seriously good time!! The aquarium used to be at the Gateway no it's out in Sandy and definitely not so worth it.