First Full Week

Monday, January 7, 2008

It's the first full week back at work in 3 weeks. No fun. But such is life I suppose. This week we will get back into the swing of things. Michaella starts preschool back up along with tumbling and dance lessons this week. I'm not going to be able to sleep in anymore on Saturdays with Ballet at 10:30. OH the insanity. Michaella likes to tell me that she will wake me up in the morning and that she will "hang up" with mom and dad. We have had so much fun the last couple long weekends. We've seen movies and we've went hunting with dad (we sit in the car while Mike hunts) we've explored all over the valley. It has been a lot of fun.

It's been nice for Michaella to have this extra curricular activities. It's so hard when you get older your a working mother to make friends. It's actually quite difficult. I often wonder how I ever managed to make friends before, even in High School. I feel like I'm asking someone out on a date. Like "oh, what if they don't like me" or " am I annoying?" But I think I figured it out. There is another mother in tumbling that has been bringing her little girl almost as long as Michaella. At first it was like a Mom and Tot thing where we'd do all the activities with the girls. But that left little room for socializing. Once the girls hit 3 they started doing it on their own so we could just sit on the bleachers and chat. We had kinda discussed how our girls had talked about ice skating but there was no way we were talking ours husbands into going and that maybe we should do it together. Well we got a Christmas gift (a peace offering if you will) for the other little girl for Christmas and her mom was very thankful and said " OH we will definitely have to go ice skating!" I went home that night ecstatic, "Michael I think I've made a friend!" We've been here 2 years and I think I've finally made 1 friend outside of the 4 people I work with....that's sad. :)

1 comments:

jenica heslop said...

TIFFANI! I'M SO GLAD YOU FOUND ME, AND I YOU! YOU ARE GORGEOUS! AND SO IS YOUR ADORABLE LITTLE GIRL! I JUST STARTED THIS BLOG THING TOO, I SEEM TO LIKE IT BETTER THAN MY SPACE, BUT I TRY TO KEEP UP ON BOTH, WELL SEE. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BUMMER MOVE! WE MOVED A YEAR AND A HALF AGO TOO, ONLY TO WASHINGTON, HEY WE'RE KINDA NEIGHBORS, I DON'T LIKE IT EITHER, IT'S BEEN VERY HARD FOR ME. I'VE MADE SOME FRIENDS, BUT THIS MOVE WAS JUST OUTA MY COMFORT ZONE. WE WERE LIVING IN KENTUCKY THE PREVIOUS 4 YEARS, AND I LIKED IT THERE. KEEP TRYIN FOR THE FRIENDS, YOU'LL GET THEM, YOU WERE ALWAYS A FUN, LIKABLE PERSON! GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU, KEEP IN TOUCH.