A novel of a Webster Family Christmasish period of time

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A long time ago in a far away place in the year Two Thousand and Eight there was such a thing as Christmas time in the Michael Websters Household.

Michaella's Dance recital was December 12th. I love sharing this experience with Michaella as it was something I also enjoyed as a child.


Christmas Eve of course we had to make cookies for Santa. So we suited up with the lovely matching Mommy-Daughter aprons that Dal's wife handed down to us. (I work with Dal he is the Company Truck Driver and his wife is awesome!)


I won't bore you with the 1 million pictures of Michaella opening presents. Because really they all look the same. Flying wrapping paper all kind of looking the same and Michaella with her hair in front of her face because it was of course Christmas morning. Okay fine here's one. The smile is extra big because it's Hannah Montana! (Thanks cousin Jett!)
We left for Utah the day after Christmas because the weather was so yucky. It still took us 7 1/2 hrs to get there because there was still snow on the roads and we had to detour through Pocatello. Once there we were able to do Christmas with my family.

Michaella & Kairi being ROCK STARS at Lucky China
(yes Kairi is doing Rock Star Horns and headbanging)

Opening Presents with Aunty Jess

Pleased as pie because she is spoiled


Winston's Idea of fun
Eating Ice cream with Kairi
I can't believe how much they downed. (Check out that scoop by Kairi... she was a picky eater, that is until the ice cream!)

Then back to work and back to life for a bit. I used some gift card money to buy a new vacuum. Thank you Jeff & Lynda and Debbie

Right soon after this picture was taken she fell straight back and bonked her head a good one.

Meg and Steven came up for New Years and we had an awesome time. It was SO wonderful having them here. On New Years day Mike & Steve went hunting and we girls went sledding! We had a BLAST. Thanks Megan for coming with us!



Michaella was SO brave and went all by herself!



When I drove home from Utah I thought that it would be awhile before I came back. Well little didn't I know that I would be back that next week. Nor Did I know that I would win tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs. It was very exciting because I had wanted to take Michaella badly and I didn't want to pay the at least 30 dollar a ticket price so I entered every contest I could to win tickets and we did! So the night before we headed back to Utah we took Olivia & Amber and we went and saw Dinosaurs!
The Girls' Favorite was T-Rex of Course!




The reason we drove back was so that Michaella & I could attend my Grandfathers funeral. It was truly a great experience. We were able to see people we hadn't seen in 10 years (well Michaella got to meet them). I have a wonderful family and I had forget how much fun it is to be around them.

The day we got To Vernal we had a chance to go to the Dinosaur Museum with my Cousins Allise & Angie (John) and their kids. It was a perfect addition to the Walking with Dinosaurs show. Now this museum has changed A LOT since I was a kid and not just the location. We really had a great time. If you ever are going through Vernal (I know chances are slim) you should all stop in.
Digging for fossils
From L-R Cole, Logan, Skylar, Bo, Michaella, Jake & Hunter
Tiffani (yay me) and Allise BFFs or BCFs you could say!
Angie John Tiffani (yay me!) and Allise
Bo-tatoe and Michaella and T REX! ROAR


And I don't know if this is weird or not but I'll post a few pictures from my Grandfathers Funeral. (I'll spare everyone his picture in the casket) It was a cold day but it was so bright and shiny. And my cousins all looked so handsome and strong. They had to split up the group of pallbearers because there are so many Grandsons.My Grandparents left such a legacy of 6 Children 25 Grandchildren, 38 Great grandchildren and 4 more on the way. Our family took up half the chapel! All but 3 Grandchildren were able to make it to the funeral. All 38 Grandchildren have been born since my Grandmothers passing just short of 10 years ago. Her first Great Grandchild, Cole, was born 2 days after she died. And the Youngest Great grandchild Katie was just a couple month old. It is a true example of the circle of life.
Now Grandpa O'Neil is with his sweetheart whom he was without for a period of time.
His casket was so beautiful. To those of you reading this last line. WHOA I can't believe you read this whole thing! I even left out a couple small events!

THE END for now





3 comments:

THE CRANE GANG said...

Looks like you guys had a fun and busy holiday. I really want to go the Walking with Dinosaurs. I'm jealous. Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Lindseylou said...

Wow what a month! And yes I read through each witty little blurp. Can't believe how beautiful Michaella is! I showed my mom your Christmas card, she loved it, thought you were both gorgeous gals. Sorry about your grandfather but what a long awaited and glorious reunion they will have together. Did you guys love the Dinosaurs, it was worth the slighly more than I would have liked to have spent ticket prices. Will have to introduce our kids at a later period of time...she is a doll. Wish we could have seen you at the Dino walk!

jenica heslop said...

Tiff I am so sorry for your loss. I too went home for christmas, first time in 7 years, and was able to spend some time and photos with my grandparents, and my grandmother, whom has also been without her sweetheqart for many years. life is precious and time is priceless. We also had a horrible time getting to utah. it took us 19 and a half hours!!!!! I'm not even joking 19 @1/2 and we did it straight through, no hotels. next time we will do a hotel, for sure. weather was nuts. good to see ya survived your trip now back to life without family huh.