Monday, October 20, 2008

On the topic of Crocheting, I've been inspired by many of you to be more crafty. So a couple weeks ago I bought a how to crochet book (although I was taught some simple crochets last winter) and I've been giving a few things a try. I started out with a pattern for an infant hat and tried to adjust the stitches and it just didn't work. I ended up unraveling it and trying again but before I did that I went on line and found a pattern for a granny hat and I did this...It ended up a bit big for Michaella so I definitely want to try it again. I messed up some of the stitches that are hidden in the back. After that almost success I unraveled the other hat and I decided to try again. I did it with a slightly different pattern. You can find these patterns at http://www.luv2crochet.com/
After I finished the hat I decided to update the scarf which was actually my first crochet project ever. So I added the brown stitching around it and added a flower to match the hat. Michaella has a brown and pink jacket that this matches wonderfully.Right now I am in the middle of a blanket. It is 63 different squares that have all different designs. I have done 8 or 9 of the 63.... I have a ways to go. But when I'm done I will post pictures.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Awesome! Makes me want to get out my needles again.... :)

Stephanie said...

Wow! I'm very impressed. All of you're projects look great...keep up the good work!

Shelly and Vance said...

Must be that time of year. I have been crocheting a lap blanket also. Its so much fun I have really gotten into it lately. Well have tons of fun doing it. I will have to try a hat! Have never done one and yours turned out so cute!