You know you're getting old when

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Now I always exercise and I ran all last summer but lately I've been doing the gym classes. And I've been feeling like a total stud going to the gym 4+ nights a week and for at least an hour a night. All this time away and Mike thinks I must have a boyfriend at the gym. So last night with it being a beautiful wonderful perfect 67 degrees I decided I was going to keep the workout close to home and go running outside.... It was a total bummer! About a mile into it I was in some serious pain. I really tried to work through it but I couldn't do it. Hello I'm 27 I'm in great shape, I shouldn't be limping down the street. But I had a good idea where the pain was coming from.

I have a really high arch and being the stingy frugal mom that I am when I bought my newest pair of shoes I thought I'd save a buck and not get new insoles. In fact I was just going to get that pair out of my even older pair and through those in. Bad idea. So last night right after my run I find myself at Joe's Sporting Goods buying myself a pair of Orthodic Arch Supports. Just the name screams geriatric!

What happened to those days when I didn't even know what a sore muscle felt like? And why didn't I take advantage of those days to be in the best shape possible? Why did I wait until my late 20s to realize that I was going to have to actually work to not be a fat lard? I'm constantly in pain. Exercising is like self mutilation and yet I'm totally addicted.

0 comments: